What We Offer
Worship and Music
Programs for Children and Youth
Adult Religious Education
Ministry and Pastoral Care
Other Groups and Activities
Our congregation reaches out to the local community and the wider world in many ways.
Share the Plate
When we take the collection each Sunday, we give away half of the non-designated cash to a charitable or social service organization. In one recent church year, we gave away over $5,000. Recipients have included:
- Advocates for Access
- CASA of Peoria County
- Center for Prevention of Abuse
- Central IL Ctr. Blind/Visually Impaired
- Central IL Friends of People with Aids
- Common Place
- Day of Remembrance
- Gifts in the Moment
- Habitat for Humanity
- Hope Renewed
- Look, It’s My Book!
- Mom and Me Camp
- Planned Parenthood of Illinois
- Prairie State Legal Services
- Retreat & Refresh Stroke Camp
- Wholesome Food Fund
More Ways We Help Others
- The children in our Sunday school classes take part in their own social impact projects, such as cooking for the Food Not Bombs program.
- We collect items for local food pantries.
- Our church is a member of the Illinois Peoples's Action (CIOP/IPA), an ecumenical organization that works for justice in local communities.
- Our Covenant Circles plan and carry out community service projects.
- Our church supports and encourages the many individuals in our congregation who are active in social service, social justice, and environmental causes, professionally or as volunteers.
Social Impact Team
The Social Impact Team leads our impact and social justice efforts. The team is responsible for:
- Bringing the congregation information about social justice issues.
- Presenting the congregation with opportunities for social action.
- Advocating for existing social issue programs that reflect our UU values.
- Coordinating the Share the Plate program.
- Working with other church groups on social impact programs.
- Helping to coordinate direct assistance efforts, when possible.